Monday 26 April 2010

Sydney Stories - Week 14


Hello,

Guess you must be busy with IPL now. I don't know why...but I am on it too. It has been the most ridiculous thing I've done in the recently. Could think of a couple of reasons. I want to check out the entertainment value of the show. Who cares for the cricket anyway. Another reason is probably because tomorrow is a holiday for me and I can afford to stay up and watch the fun (?). Oh well...may the best team win. :-)  

Today is ANZAC day and hence tomorrow is a holiday for us here. It is equivalent to Veterans day celebrated in the US of A. ANZAC stands for Australia New Zealand Army Corps. This day is to remember the thousands of lives lost on April 25th at Gallipoli in Turkey. The funny thing about these remembrance days is it has been about sending the troops to some other country to fight someone else's war. Australia in particular has had no enemies of its own - only enemies of its allies. However, Australia will welcome with open hands people from those "enemy" countries as refugees. I should be missing something here because it doesn't make sense. Anyway, I will be enjoying my day off so it's all good. 

This weekend my cooking experiment was Char Kway Teow. Went on a shopping spree to get all the ingredients. I skipped 2 of them by choice - chinese sausage and cockles. The taste came out pretty OK to what I can remember. However it turned out a little soggy. I think I know what went wrong. Hopefully next time it should be better.

Nandha's visa process is progressing. I am thinking to make a short trip to India end of May. Hopefully I can time it along with a wedding in the family.

Oki doki will keep it short this time. Let me catch up on the IPL fever.

Have a great week.

Chetty

No comments:

Post a Comment