Sunday 22 May 2011

Sydney Stories - Week 70

Hello,

As I grow older I realize that I tend to reach out to the services of GOD. Ok...before you go too far - I should attribute this to Nandhitha. For all those hard questions she has these days the word GOD seems to be my effective exit card. Probably that is how religious faiths grew by parents like me taking an easy way out when I can't explain a few things. Feel kind of cheating her of the truth. (In fact she even said that - "Dad tell me the truth " when I was seriously dumbfounded). But yes, for certain things she is not ready for the truth yet. Until then - help me GOD!!!

Starting this week I have started participating in what is called the "Global Corporate Challenge". This is a movement across the globe to make people move around more (physically) than what they are currently used to. I am part of my client's team. We are given a pedometer (and a spare just in case..) to track the number of steps I take in a 24 hour period. There are 2 teams in my client's office and the competition seems to be fierce with some hard core strategies (can't reveal them here). The target set for each one of us is to reach 12000 steps a day. So far I am barely getting close to 6000 steps a day. It's a 2 month effort. Let's see how it goes...

Currently on to a book called "Beneath the Southern Cross" by Judy Nunn. This is about a convict from England on how he arrived at the shores of Sydney and what happened after. Pretty interesting to read a lot of history mixed with fiction. I am not too sure about the history part though.

That's all for now.

Have A Great Week!!

C




No comments:

Post a Comment