Monday 8 March 2010

Sydney Stories - Week 7

Hi There,

Hope you had a good week and a good weekend.

Anybody who wants to find a job in Australia will be asked one question - do you have Australian experience? Doesn't matter if the person had worked for 10 - 15 years in several other countries. Aussie experience is a must. I used to wonder why it was so and then realized there IS something with the way people work here. It's about resistance to CHANGE. I would call Australia the "Museum Country". You don't have to go in search of museums to look for historical artifacts - it is there everywhere. They maintain their "history" very well. For eg., in Sydney's Town Hall station there are few escalators which have wooden steps. They probably must've been built while escalators were first invented in the early part of 20th century. Some of the trains that run are probably 30 years old. 

Talking about trains and TownHall I think I have figured out the exits from TownHall station. Now I have my favourite compartment in the train. Which if I board will take me closest to the exit that I need to take. However this applies only for the route from home to work (and vice versa). If ever I need to catch the train for somewhere else...well the saga continues. :-)

This week I had a change to my grocery shopping strategy. Decided to buy the veggies required only for 1 week - thanks to the wastages. Menu for this week - Bhindi Masala and Kadai Chicken. Had a bit of a "chef's block" before I could decide on what to cook. ;-) Both of them turned out quite alright. I was happy with the chicken that it was cooked to just the right texture.  

Saw the movie - Water by Deepa Mehta on the World Movies channel. WOW.  Wonder why such movies don't make commercial success. Probably because it brought to light a few of the dirty secrets of Hinduism? 

On the home front, Nandha's passport process is slowly moving along. The process has become slightly complicated because I am sitting here. Expecting them to join me as soon as Nandha's visa is done - hopefully sometime in April - May.

Alrighty...looks like a short story this time - you've been spared. :-) 

Chetty

No comments:

Post a Comment