Monday 22 February 2010

Sydney Stories - Week 5


Hello,

So its been a month since I reached here. Its been quite a ride already. :-)

Talking about ride, there is one thing I am pretty impressed about here in Sydney. It is the T-way (Transit way) bus transport system. In Sydney there are various modes of public transport for intra-city travel - train, bus (normal), bus (t-way) and of course they have a ferry system as well. The train network does cover a lot suburbs, however that is not helpful if I need to reach someplace away from the train line. The option then is to take a bus. The speciality of the T-way system is the city has paved a separate lane just for the buses. Therefore there is absolutely no chance for a traffic jam to happen. Unless of course if a bus breaks down. It is the ultimate express bus service for intra-city travel. Luckily there is a T-way stop right outside my apartment complex and about 6 buses stop here. I take those buses whenever I need to go to Parramatta  (Parra for the locals) for shopping. 

This weekend I did the groceries myself taking my trolley. It was not bad except when I had to take escalators to go down with a trolley completely loaded with veggies and groceries. There was only one casualty - one broken egg. :-) I suddenly (??) got a craze for Thai food and have bought a couple of ingredients (basil leaves, fish sauce) to start cooking Thai. I think it must be my Friday lunch at Saap Thai which is making me drool for more. Found a nice website for Thai recipes - http://www.thaifoodtonight.com/thaifoodtonight/home.htm. I'll let you know next week with my Thaixperiments.

Yesterday visited a school friend of mine for lunch who is living in a suburb called Liverpool. It was a good T-way journey cutting across Sydney from north to south with the company of Outliers. Had a good time there. Lunch menu - mutton briyani, chicken varuval and prawn something. Covered all the bases. :-) 

Work has been getting crazy and crazy. Sometimes it is like one of those Sun TV soaps having to manage under currents. I got my first customer complaint with this client this week. I survived a month!! :-) The best part was I had updated my manager just the day before on what was happening here and what is to come. Lo and behold the next day the customer calls up my manager to complain about me. Thanks to my update, my manager was not taken by surprise - which could've turned out nasty. 

Adventures continue.... :-)

Chetty

No comments:

Post a Comment