Tuesday 9 February 2010

Sydney Stories - Week 3


Hi There!!
 
Sometimes I think if I will have any material to write about for the week. Sydney provides me no lack of opportunities. ;-)

Last week was quite hectic that all my household stuff from Melbourne had arrived. "Worked" from home on Wednesday to be able to be at home when the stuff arrived. It took a couple of days after that to completely get things to their rightful place. Actually no, I still have some stuff to be sorted out. Atleast setup the kitchen first. FIRST THINGS FIRST. :-) Technically my very first meal in this house was instant cuppa noodles (I dont consider brewing black coffee as a meal). The second meal was a slight progression - Maggi 2 minutes with frozen veggies and egg. I got frustrated with my cooking progress and made chicken curry yesterday inspite of being invited for dinner at an Uncle's place.

Met another school friend on Saturday. Spent a couple of hours with him catching up on life and people. He happens to have taken a reverse turn in career (compared to me). His family owns a hotel in Salem. They have a family restaurant run in Bangalore. He left all that, picked up a few IT courses and started his IT career here.

So here comes the adventure... - Saturday night I came back from a friend's place at around midnight. The lift in the apartment did not work. OK...not too bad...5 floors I can climb up of course. Only when I reached my floor I realized that the keys I had on me will not open the door from the stairs into the floor. Security reasons!! So I come down look for some emergency maintenance numbers to call - nope. No luck on that front. I called my realestate agent who's supposed to be taking care of such stuff. No luck. (He did call me on Sunday afternoon to say that he can't help me out there.) I would've climbed up and down the 5 storeys a couple of times trying to get out via various exit points. Luckily I found one after about 30 minutes (or so it seemed). If I didn't find it I would've been stranded in the steps outside my apartment until someone from my floor could open the door. PHEW!!
I've been using wireless broadband to stay connected from home until my regular internet connections becomes active. Sunday morning that ran out of the pre-paid charge. I was on the phone with Uma in the morning and the call got cut suddenly. All my communication channels were disconnected without any notice. I get an SMS from Uma asking why I cut the call. I couldn't respond back to that either. I do a recharge somehow. A email junkie as I am couldnt stay away from the internet. So I checked my Gmail on blackberry and lo...all my re-charge went for a toss. Apparently the pre-paid charge amount I selected should not be used for browsing the web. Yet another lesson.
 
Later in the night I get an SMS from Uma, but just couldn't reply. It was quite a helpless feeling when you are not able to communicate back!! Luckily the ordeal ended now that I back at work and as connected as I can be. :-)

On the book front have completed reading Blink. Definitely an interesting reading a lesson or 2 to pick up.

Have A Great Week!!
 
Chetty

No comments:

Post a Comment