Thursday 16 September 2010

Sydney Stories - Week 34

Hello,
Nandhitha and myself have been toying around with my new Nokia 5233. Finally I have been exposed to the touch screen interface on a cell phone and both of us were busy sliding things around. This phone has some real cool design features like the orientation changing when you tilt the phone horizontally.
The most dreaded thing that I dont ever want to think about happened last weekend. I was feeding some flavoured yogurt to Nandha (yes, I have progressed that far) and Nandhitha was also having some as well(sibling pressure). While she was half way through her yogurt she wanted to feed me her flavoured yogurt. There was no simple way I could explain to her that I can't take it and why I can't take it. She said "Try it daddy, try little you will like it". Now that was a boomerang!! I couldn't even move around since I was still having Nandha on my lap as she kept bringing the spoon loaded with yogurt. Had to really tackle it to have my shirt and jeans take the beating than my mouth. Now THAT was interesting. Uma was just watching this all along and laughing and she said - ok now you got some story for this week. Of course I did!! (Ok - you can stop laughing).
I got done with The Lost Symbol last week. Guess I should not reveal the secrets so will not talk much about the book. It was quite interesting till the end and I must say that I was a bit disappointed at the end. Maybe there was no other sensible option?
Had a busy weekend travelling around. Went to the Helensburgh Venkates(h)wara temple with a friend's family to wish Happy B'day to Pillayar. It was fairly quiet at the temple. The main events were slated for Sunday where the idol was supposed to be take to the beach nearby to be dissolved. I guess Nandhitha (and Nandha) will be missing on a lot of fun that happens in India with such festivals. If not for religious reasons, I hope to expose them for the fun part as much as possible. Let's see how it goes. On Sunday we went to Coogee beach. Had a good burritto after a loong time. The last time was while I was in Phoenix - missing Chipotle!!. The beach was nice. It was not warm, but not too cold either. Did the usual beachy things for a little while and got going when it started becoming chilly. On the way back did a bit of city tour unguided by the GPS. 

The GPS was too obedient for my own good to take me where I wanted to go. I wanted to drive on the famous "Harbour bridge", one of the icons of Australia, however I had also given a restriction to avoid tolls. It so happens that I had to pay toll to drive on that bridge. GPS being obedient it kept me going round and round within a few city blocks. After a few circles I switched off the GPS and followed the signs on the road  - the traditional way. I wish the GPS told me not to try for the impossible. :-)


Have a great week.

Chetty

No comments:

Post a Comment