Tuesday 15 February 2011

Sydney Stories - Week 56

Hello,

Hope you had a good weekend. 

Enjoying the "pleasant" Sydney weather these days. A good change from the hot and humid. While it was hot and humid one day it drizzled a bit as I was walking home from the train station. It felt as if I was in a sauna filled with Eucalyptus steam. The road to home has a line of the Eucas (making up my own Aussie term here) which gave that superb effect. Don't remember when I had this before. Probably in Yercaud? 

Currently on a book on Leadership written by Robin Sharma. I think this will be my last Robin Sharma I will be reading. This is like a sequel to his first book "The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari". He is like the Deva (music director) of  such books. He takes content from all places, spins a story around with supposedly colourful words and makes it a "best seller". 

The tennis club I go to has a lot of interesting people. This weekend I met a person (probably in his 70s) who carries his tennis racquets in a well autographed wooden brief case. Was almost tempted to take a photograph, maybe after I know him for a little while.

One of the recent weekend routines these days is to go to a huge market called Parklea Market to buy vegetables. It's a mini-mall - mega market. There's a row of vegetable shops  amongst all other shops selling almost everything except automobiles. The veggie shops are located one after the other without any clear boundaries. One can easily take veggies from one shop to another without even realizing. The only way you can differentiate would be by the different coloured plastic carry bags. Invariably I find some desi lady "inconspicuously" sampling a grape or two. They do it so casually as if it was their right to do so. 

Oki doki. Have a Great Week!!

Oh yeah, Happy Valentines Day!! :-) Would've committed a sin if I didn't wish!! ;-)

Chetty

No comments:

Post a Comment