Sunday 13 March 2011

Sydney Stories - Week 60

Hi,

Thanks again for your b'day wishes.

As you can see, starting this week the Sydney stories will be delivered via a different channel. A friend of mine - Aravind Swamy had suggest this idea long ago. For some reason I just kept putting it away. Now as I turned 35, realized that it's time for a change. So here it is - not 1, but 2 blogs. I've dedicated one just for food and food related topics. I think its so important that it deserved that special attention. :-)

Damn - Cricket Season!! This week I literally had to request my lunch gang to change a topic of discussion. You might already know about my comprehensional capacity for Hindi and my LOVE for the game of cricket. When animated discussions happen in Hindi on cricket....well I don't need that stress during lunch!!! I hate to write about it, but don't seem to be left with much choice. This week, I breathed cricket, played cricket and worst of all I even WATCHED cricket. Truly an interesting week!!

My birthday was quite unique as it happens to be every year. This year, the uniqueness was when I had to eat lunch twice. A group of people from work went out to lunch to a Spanish Tapas. The food kept flowing in, all varieties of nibbles. Quite tasty each one of them (almost). I tried a mussel for the first time (from the shell). Probably not something I would try again. At the end (??) I had a very naive question - Great entrees (appetizers) so where are the mains? Just that we were about to pay the bill when I was asking this question. ;-) Being my b'day I didn't want to starve myself. Escaped out for a quick Pad Thai at my favourite Saap Thai. My DAY was made. Went to Sambal the Malay restaurant for dinner. Nandhitha had her "Chicken and Fries" from the Mcdonald's next door. Luckily they allowed to have it in the restaurant.

Today we had been to a unique train ride at a place called Galston. I could recollect the first time the train ride was introduced in the Anna park in Salem. It was fun to go around sitting ON the train (not in the train). They had some strict rules that a passenger should be wearing fully covered shoes. I heard some kids were turned away because they didn't have proper foot wear. The kids had a blast going round and round. It was a sudden trip and couldn't organize my camera on time. Hopefully some of my friends will share some pictures and will post them.

Hope you find this new format convenient. If you choose to get regular updates, please feel free to stalk me.

Have A Great Week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment