Monday 21 March 2011

Sydney Stories - Week 61

Hello,

With the start of the blogs, I've become compulsive to look at the "Stats" every day to see how many people stumbled across this page. Interesting statistics actually. It used to reach out to about 20+ people earlier and now I have 10 "followers" on my muses. Either people are too lazy (or not that tech savvy) to sign up or just don't bother enough. However the "Chetty's Kitchen" seemed to have attracted a few people unknown to me till now.

Figured out a way to transfer all my earlier stories via email to the blog and save it with the original date of posting. Should get all the old stories in the next couple of days.

The rains over the weekend (which is still continuing BTW) slowed our weekend down drastically. There was just 2 things I didn't do - take Nandhitha for swimming and play tennis. It made a huge difference to sleep in that extra 30 minutes in the morning.

Cricket cricket everywhere...couldn't believe I actually flipped the channel to see what was happening between India and WI. Don't know where this is leading to, but I get a baaad feeling. ;-)

This weekend happened to chat with one gentleman at Nandhitha's tamil school. He moved to Australia about 25 years ago as a high school student. Interesting to see his viewpoint about this country. I had to dampen his enthusiasm with some of my settling down stories. He immediately retorted - oh Victoria (state) is like that. It's crazy. ;-) Of course, this is a good country, provided you have what it needs to be here - PR.

On the way to work the other day the lady sitting next to me started shivering suddenly. After a few minutes she told me that she is going to pass out. I had no clue what would be an appropriate response at that time. I asked her if there is anything I should do. She just said - "Look I think I am going to pass out am just telling you just so you know." Someone nearby prompted me to ring the alarm to reach the guard. Very quickly the guard arranged for assistance to come out to the exact coach in the next station which was about 10 minutes away. I felt a bit odd not knowing what I should be doing in such a situation.

Oki Doki. Have A Great Week!!

Chetty

2 comments:

  1. HI,

    Yes, i can imagine that it would be a bit worrisome when someone says that he/she is going to pass out,but i am impressed by the fact that she did tell you about it and not just pass out, in which case you would have been even more shocked and helpless. Good job helping a stranger.

    It was really exciting watching the India / Australia match last night. I am sure you would have been pushed to watch it too!! What was the reaction down under??

    regards, rk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did get the "pleasure" to watch it for a while. Reaction down under is quite cool. Most Aussies seem to have accepted the fact that they had not done well.

    ReplyDelete