Wednesday 6 April 2011

Sydney Stories - Week 63

Hello,

The week went on quick as usual. The weather is slowly getting to be pleasanter having the need to wear a light jacket or blazer.

I must admit, I have succumbed to pressure. The pressure of following cricket. Especially when there is a match like India-Pak semi-final I would've been shunned if I had not watched it. I didn't have this pressure elsewhere...not in US and not even in India during any of the prior world cups. So, yes I did watch the India-Pak match, but slept midway (on the couch with the TV on).

The weekend of course was the highlight. Got to play cricket as well at Nandhitha's tamil school. For a change I could actually connect the willow and the ball and could score a few runs. I scored a few wickets too...thanks to my slow bowling and people were too eager to hit and either got out (just by the rule that ball should bounce before it hits any boundary) or got caught. This am sure would act as a good practice game for the next weeks SPL. More about that later.

Saturday night we ganged up at a friends place in Baulkam Hills to watch the finals. There were about 10 other families. There were kids of varying age groups which left us adults to continue watching the game. We had taken Kothu Parotta from here. More about that in Chetty's Kitchen. It was fun to watch with a bunch of  people passing comments. We were there till 5 in the morning. We had a very upset Sunday routine - thanks to Team India!!

Have A Great Week!!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment