Wednesday 20 April 2011

Sydney Stories - Week 65

Hello,

Hope you had a good week.

Weather here is getting "pleasant"er and pleasanter day by day with the minimum going below 20s.

Me and my train journeys...continue to be interesting. I have slept on the way home and missed my station, slept on the way to work and missed the station - but the heights was this week. I took a completely wrong train to home. I was so engrossed in reading a novel that I didn't bother which train came on the platform. The first few stations were along the same route and of course I didn't notice. Luckily I realized the moment it took off from a station about half-way along the way. Something told me that something was wrooong. Got down at the very next station. It was one lonely station at about 8 PM. Fortunately the next train back came in about 2 minutes.

My company's logo has changed last week from a dull grey pyramid to a more colourful one. A major facelift to the website as well - http://www.igt.in/. Remember this rainbow flower thing happening in Wipro. Millions of $s spent on designing the new look. It was IGT's turn now.

After my take at cricket the previous week it was a Tennis tournament last weekend. What made it interesting was that I forgot about it. ;-) I went to the courts about an hour later than the tournament started. I had forgotten about my signing up for it until the time I left the house. Once I reached there I was told someone else filled in as a substitute. It was a round robin mode so I had 4 chances to play. My substitute gracefully agreed for me to play the last 2 sets. He happened to be a super duper player and had gathered a lot of "points" under my name. At the end of it I was tied with another guy with points in my group for the prize. However I was "disqualified" since not all the points were mine. Technical issue.. ;-)

Have been experimenting quite a bit on my Thai culinary skills. More about that in the Kitchen.

Have A Great Week

C

No comments:

Post a Comment