Monday 6 June 2011

Sydney Stories - Week 72

Hello,

Hope you had a great week.

Mine was quite interesting with things at work that keep me on the toes all the time.

My weekend tennis had an absolutely pathetic starting set. It must've been a while since I had lost with zero games in doubles. I pitied my partner who had to pull through the ordeal. After a few sets I played with the same guy on the opposite side and he was wondering where this game was the first time.

How often have you had a chance to enter a restaurant and the food is right there waiting on your table? Am not talking about a buffet here. We started from home pretty late for lunch at a Thai restaurant. Luckily I checked their lunch timing and knew that they closed at 3 PM. As we were driving I called them up and ordered our usual favourites. By the time we could find a parking spot and enter the restaurant it was well past 3 PM. However the food was out there ready at our table and we just started to dig in. The only problem was the food did turn a bit cold. When hunger strikes - who cares!!

Happened to drive around some of the older suburbs of Sydney. At times it gives you an impression if you are in a developed country. Roads so small that only one car can go at any time but still meant to be two-way with cars parks on both sides of the road. At one point one car had to back out to allow us to pass by. Sydneysiders definitely know how to "preserve" their past.

Have A Great Week

C

No comments:

Post a Comment